I am doing a series that tells all about the ten Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business. The kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit! In this post I want to talk about Thieves Essential Oil and how I use it personally in my home and for my health. When using it as a dietary supplement, grab a bottle of Thieves Vitality Essential Oil.
Uses For Thieves Essential Oil:
- Cleaning: It makes a great household cleaner! Young Living even has an entire line of Thieves cleaners that I use on everything from windows to my car!
- Air Purifier: Whenever we are spending time in a heavily populated place, or if my kids come home with a cough, I diffuse Thieves.
- Hand Sanitizer: I carry the Young Living Thieves hand sanitizer in my purse where ever we go. When the bottle runs out, I plan to make my own!
- Tooth Cleaner: I add a drop to my toothbrush and then use my homemade toothpaste. Fresh breath!
- Immune Support: Apply neat to the bottoms of you feet before bed for immune support
- Travel: Put 4-8 drops on a cotton ball or cloth and put in or near air vents. I also add a drop to my water bottle on the plane to protect me while confined
- Holiday Cheer: It makes a great holiday scent when diffused
- Carpet Freshener: Refresh musty carpets by adding 5 drops of Thieves essential oil to a cup of baking soda; combine well and let sit overnight until the oil is absorbed. Sprinkle over carpets and vacuum thoroughly.
- Massage: Add 1 to your favorite carrier oil for a nice warming massage
- Breakfast Cereal: Add a drop to oatmeal, granola, or other cereal to elevate your breakfast.
- Breakfast Beverage: Put a drop in your morning juice, tea or coffee. The spicy, sweet flavor will also give your morning beverage a flavor boost.
- Wellness Regimen: Include a drop in a cup of warm water or milk to add it to your wellness regimen.
*Note: to mix the oil with a carrier oil mix 2 parts carrier oil with 1 part essential oil. We commonly use this oil as a carrier oil.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
How do you use Thieves Essential Oil? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!