We consume, on average, around 4 dozen eggs per week in our household. While I absolutely love eggs, they simply can’t dominate every meal that I eat! So, I decided to let green dominate my breakfast today with the reverse omelette. In order to properly absorb the nutrients in the broccoli, you need to eat it with some fat….bacon grease it is!
The Reverse Omelette
This breakfast is a great way to get in protein, veggies, and healthy fats.
- 6 pastured eggs
- 2 packaged pre-cut organic broccoli
- 1 packaged nitrate-free bacon
1. Steam broccoli until crisp-tender.
2. Scramble eggs in skillet, set aside.
3. Cut up bacon and cook in skillet until crispy.
4. Add broccoli into the skillet with bacon and stir to coat.
5. Top with eggs and stir to combine.
6. Easy and delish! This makes a few meals worth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
3 Replies to “The Reverse Omelette”
I’m getting a gastric bypass and already see the sweet potato’s look delicious. I’m not much of a baker and am looking forward to seeing all your recipes. Thank you very much !
Awesome! Good luck with your surgery!