Spicy … zingy … crunchy. I don’t think anyone asks much more from a snack! I have set out a basic guideline for flavors in this recipe, but if you like your snacks spicier, simply add more ground cayenne pepper. If you are making a batch for the kids (and they aren’t as brave as you are), you could scatter over more cayenne pepper (or red chili powder) for the “adult” portion.
If you can set a few minutes aside the night before, you will assist in the drying out of the chickpeas (and this is essential), so please don’t omit this step.
Spicy … zingy … crunchy. I don’t think anyone asks much more from a snack!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 limes, zest of both, but juice of only one
1. Drain the canned chickpeas in a colander or sieve and spread out on a large tray lined with paper towels.
2. Cover with another layer of paper towels, and leave to dry out overnight.
3. The next day, once the chickpeas have completely dried out, pour them into a bowl.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
6. Pour the seasoned mixture into the chickpeas and mix well to evenly coat.
7. Spread the chickpeas out on a large baking tray (lined with parchment paper) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Shake-and-rotate the tray halfway through to ensure even roasting.
8. Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 4gSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gProtein: 3g