We make at least one chicken per week. My mom actually raises them, so we know that they are from a great source and are treated kindly. I love recipes that are easy and quick, and this recipe is perfect for busy families! I especially love the flavor you achieve when you roast chicken!
This chicken recipe makes the moistest and delicious chicken ever. It is definitely a family favorite! The lemon gives it such a nice tang.
Roasted chicken is a very versatile meal and easy to make for a weeknight dinner. I use rosemary and lemon but you can use any of your favorite spices and seasonings, and then pair with your favorite side dishes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the entire chicken with butter.
- Place in a roasting pan in the oven or in a countertop roaster.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and place the lemons on the chicken, and inside the cavity.
- Bake the chicken until a meat thermometer reads 180°F. Usually around 2 hours.
- Baste the chicken occasionally to get the skin crispy and golden.