We make at least one chicken per week. My mom actually raises them, so we know that they are from a great source and are treated kindly. I love recipes that are easy and quick, and this recipe is perfect for busy families! I especially love the flavor you achieve when you roast chicken!
This chicken recipe makes the moistest and delicious chicken ever. It is definitely a family favorite! The lemon gives it such a nice tang.
Rosemary Lemon Roast Chicken
Roasted chicken is a very versatile meal and easy to make for a weeknight dinner. I use rosemary and lemon but you can use any of your favorite spices and seasonings, and then pair with your favorite side dishes.
- 1 chicken (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 3 Tbsp grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 organic lemon, quartered
- 4 springs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the entire chicken with butter.
- Place in a roasting pan in the oven or in a countertop roaster.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and place the lemons on the chicken, and inside the cavity.
- Bake the chicken until a meat thermometer reads 180°F. Usually around 2 hours.
- Baste the chicken occasionally to get the skin crispy and golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
6 Replies to “Rosemary Lemon Roast Chicken”
Can you make this in a crockpot? Sounds yummy!
Definitely a crock pot recipe!
About how long does the chicken need to bake to get to 180 degrees? Just so I know for planning purposes.
Several hours, it depends on how hot your crockpot is
How long (approximately) does it take in an oven?
I would do a couple hours