Ever the healthy food recipe hacker, of course, I needed to figure out a healthy brownie. Because: duh, brownies! Getting kids to eat healthily is a full-time job and when you can bribe them to eat a healthy dinner, but offering (healthy) brownies at the end of the meal is a win-win! #momwin
Plus, these little buggers are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! Go ahead, have one for breakfast. I won’t tell. I live guilt-free when I’m eating these paleo sweet potato brownies, that’s for sure!
Let’s break it down:
Sweet Potatoes: They are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitaminB1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
Coconut Oil: It’s a very healthy fat; one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.” Its benefits include weight loss, better brain function, skin health, and much more.
Maple Syrup: It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus sodium, potassium, and zinc. Maple syrup also contains the vitamins thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and B6!
Cacao Powder: It contains 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries. It’s the highest plant-based source of iron. It’s full of magnesium, has more calcium than cow’s milk, and is a natural mood elevator and anti-depressant!
- 2 cups mashed organic sweet potato
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional to put on top)
- Butter for greasing baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a glass brownie dish with butter (size depends on how thin or thick you like your brownies).
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Spread evenly with a spatula.
6. Top with chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
9. Store your paleo sweet potato brownies in the fridge. They will last up to one week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.