Simply delicious, these nacho kale crisps will be great to share with a loved one while watching the game on Sunday – but truth be told, you will likely devour the whole lot by yourself. Packed with the deep flavors of umami, thanks to the Parmesan and the nutritional yeast flakes, you will love these crisps and so will your family.
Note: Do not use any more olive oil other than indicated here, as you want the kale lightly (but evenly) coated and too much oil will just make them soggy. Don’t fret if there are any smaller burnt bits, those are sometimes the best ones!
- 3.5 oz curly kale trimmed weight
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tsp Parmesan finely grated
- Pinch white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Remove all the large stalks from the curly kale and tear the leaves into even-sized pieces, size to your liking.
- Place the kale into a large bowl and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Combine the garlic powder, nutritional yeast flakes and only two teaspoons of Parmesan in a small bowl. Mix well, then scatter the mixture over the kale and use clean hands to toss it all together ensuring the kale pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread out on a large roasting tray allowing enough space between the kale to avoid overcrowding. Place the tray in the oven for 4-5 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the tray and serve immediately, scattered with the third teaspoon finely grated Parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2.2g Carbohydrates: 1.9g Fiber: 3.2g Sugar: 1.4g Protein: 6.1g