This is a lovely, fresh salad where the warm, earthy flavor of beetroot pairs beautifully with salty feta and sweet petit pois (peas). You will especially love the toasted pumpkin seed garnish, which offers the perfect texture in every mouthful.
- Petit pois are baby peas. They need no cooking and offer beautiful bursts of sweetness in a salad. They take no time at all to defrost, and the best way to do this is to lay them evenly out on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Ready-cooked beetroot is a handy store-bought item. They are usually steamed, peeled, and lightly pickled.
Spinach salads are extremely versatile. You'll love this refreshing light taste of mint, sweetness, and earthy flavors. It's simple and delicious and may be your next favorite salad!
- 0.7 oz pumpkin seeds
- 3.5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 3.5 oz cooked, whole beetroot (store-bought is fine), sliced
- 18 oz petit pois (defrosted if using frozen)
- 2.5 oz feta cheese
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, larger leaves chopped smaller
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot, dry pan until they pop. Set aside.
- Divide the spinach between two plates or bowls and arrange equal amounts of the sliced beetroot and petit pois over. Crumble over the feta and scatter over the mint leaves.
- Make a quick salad dressing by whisking the oil and vinegar together in a small bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads and garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g