Deep, earthy flavors in this winning mid-week jerk chicken recipe. I love this spicy mix on drumsticks, but you can use any chicken cut you want: wings will be a treat, although they may require less time in the oven; and if you are on a calorie-restricted diet, this spice-mix will be great on skinless chicken breasts. If you are cooking for the kids, adjust the
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil -- we love this olive oil
- 8 free-range chicken pieces
- 2-3 salad onions, sliced to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the spices, including the salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Scatter the spice mix over the chicken pieces, using clean hands to massage the flavors into the meat.
- Spread the chicken out in a large roasting tray, skin-side up and drizzle the olive oil over the chicken. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the juices of the chicken run clear when pierced.
- Garnish jerk chicken with sliced salad onions and serve with your favorite salad.
Important: Be mindful when working with raw chicken. Use dedicated chopping boards and wash your hands and all utensils very well afterward. The chicken should be done after 30-35 minutes in the oven at 350°F, but a good way to check is to pierce a piece and watch the juices that run – they should be clear. If you are still in doubt, simply cut into a piece closest to the bone and have a quick peek – there should be no pink.
- Organic Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Organic Thyme Leaf
- Ground Nutmeg
- Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 362 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 4.6g Sodium: 0.7mg Carbohydrates: 4.7g Fiber: 0.9g Sugar: 1.8g Protein: 40g