- Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Berries are a great way to enjoy einkorn in its simplest form. Einkorn grain contains only 14 chromosomes, compared to the 42 chromosomes in modern, hybridized wheat. More than 10,000 years ago, before flour became highly processed, families gathered around home-cooked meals created with this ancient grain. Gather your own family around the table for wholesome meals made with farm-grown heirloom einkorn berries!
- This subtly sweet ingredient can be used as a base for salads or as a wholesome porridge on cold mornings. It can be enjoyed whole by preparing it similar to rice, or you can mill it into fresh einkorn flour.
- Free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives—and with lower gluten levels than modern, hybridized wheat—einkorn berries are great for the whole family! Young Living is proud to help bring the wholesome simplicity of einkorn back to its rightful prominence in the world and at the heart of your home.
Benefits & Features:
- Perfect for homes that support traditional farming practices
- Known as one of the oldest grain varieties
- Unique genetic codes give einkorn a lower gluten content than modern wheat varieties
- No artificial colors or flavors
- No preservatives
- Contains 14 chromosomes, compared to modern wheat with 42 chromosomes
- Can be used in various recipes
- As pure as einkorn can get, Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Berries offer the whole kernel, consisting of the bran, germ, and endosperm. These berries hail from the roots of a simpler life when people relied on homegrown food.
- Offering einkorn in its purest form lets you experience this product directly from Provence, France, and our fields at the Skyrider Wilderness Ranch in Tabiona, Utah, right in your home. This connection of “life from the land” is at the heart of Young Living Founder D. Gary Young’s legacy.
How to Use:
- Basic Cooking Instructions, Yields 3 cups
- Ingredients: 1½ cups einkorn berries, 3 cups water
- Bring 3 cups of water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1½ cups of einkorn berries and simmer on low for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir and enjoy!
Retail: $20.39 USD