While I was making up a batch of coconut snowflakes, I ran out of molds to use. So I decided to just use my standard round mold and when I was finished my daughter thought they looked like snowballs! With the addition of a little shredded coconut they are realistic-looking coconut snowballs, easy to make, and good for you. My kids sure excited to eat coconut snowballs too!
When you need a quick sweet treat that is low carb, gluten-free and delicious, just take a few minutes to make your own homemade candy.
- Melt your coconut butter in the jar by placing it in a bowl of hot water (it naturally separates with the oil settling on the top and the solids on the bottom).
- Once melted stir it together until it is evenly mixed and creamy.
- Pour into candy molds.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until set.
- Pop out of molds, brush with coconut oil and sprinkle (or dip into) coconut flakes.
- Arrange on a cute plate and sprinkle more coconut flakes on top.