Let me just start by saying that I have always been terrible at making hash browns! They always came out soggy. So I just admitted defeat and decided to stop trying. Once we started eating Paleo I wanted desperately to make sweet potato hash browns. While we avoid eating white potatoes, we definitely include sweet potatoes into our regular rotation.
White potatoes contain anti-nutrients like saponins that can be harmful, while sweet potatoes don’t contain those substances. I tried every method out there and failed most of the time, but then I had an idea: first fry, then broil. It worked! Plus, it’s super easy!!! Let me just say YOU’RE WELCOME because these are soooo good! Prep time: 10 minutes.
Quick & Easy Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 2 medium organic sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp bacon fat (or you can use lard)
- pinch sea salt — we use this kind
- Preheat your oven to Broil
- Wash and grate your sweet potato
- In a skillet, melt the bacon fat
- Once the fat is hot, add the sweet potatoes and cook until they are starting to brown
- Next, place the skillet under the broiler and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes
- Serve sweet potato hash browns with salt to taste
- Makes about 2-3 servings
CLICK HERE to Pin this post