Organ meat is the most nutrient dense food on the planet. Unfortunately it isn’t also the tastiest food on the planet. I’m trying every trick in the book to get my kids to eat it. Here is one recipe I came up with. Bacon makes everything taste good!
(makes about 100 golf ball sized meatballs…I make them in bulk and freeze).
3lbs ground grass fed beef
1lb liver wurst
1lb grass fed liver
3 sweet onions, chopped
1 package pastured bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
4 pastured eggs
1 bunch parsley
6 cloves chopped garlic
2 Tbsp sea salt
3 Tbsp pepper
3 Tbsp coconut flour — where to find
- Blend liver and liver wurst in where to find. Add to beef.
- Fry bacon in skillet, add onion and cook until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent.
- Pulse bacon, onion, parsley, S&P, and garlic in food processor until chopped. Add to beef and liver mixture. Stir in eggs and coconut flour.
- Form into balls slightly smaller than golf balls. I use this gadget to make the balls uniform, works great! Place on baking sheet and bake at 425 until done (until no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes).
- They freeze very well. I re-heat them in our toaster oven. The kids love them. This makes me VERY happy!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe