This is a soothing and relaxing chest rub that I rub on myself and my family whenever we need a little immune and respiratory support. It smells amazing and reminds me of the remedies that my Mom used to use on me as a kit, only this one is not made with anything synthetic. Just nature’s goodness!
Here is why I chose the essential oils that I did:
Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus globulus has a fresh, penetrating scent. It contains a high percentage of the constituent eucalyptol. Applied topically, it is often used to support the respiratory system.
Lavender: Lavender has an amazing floral aroma that is used for relaxation, balancing and for minor skin irritations. Great for soothing the skin.
DIY Chest Rub
- 1/2 cup shea butter — where to find
- 1/2 cup coconut oil — where to find (Bonus: use coupon code: REALFOOD and get 10% off your order!)
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E (to keep the oils from going rancid) — where to find
- 50 drops eucalyptus essential oil — where to find essential oils (I only use therapeutic grade!)
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Container of your choice — you can find some really cute bottles and jars HERE
- In a saucepan, melt the shea butter and coconut oil
- Whip on high in your mixer until nice and fluffy
- Add in Vitamin E and essential oil and continue to mix until well combined
- Store in glass container
- Lasts several months, even longer if stored in the fridge
- Apply chest rub to chest as needed (do not eat)
- Not recommended for use on infants
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share this Chest Rub with Google+
Disclaimer: None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.