I used to take the eye makeup removing packets from my gym and use them at home. Sneaky, sneaky. I though I was pretty smart too! That is until I turned the packet around and looked at the ingredient list! Yikes, I do not need those in my body thankyouverymuch. Naturally I had to cook up my own homemade eye makeup remover that was free of toxic chemicals.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil — where to find
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil — where to find lavender
- small glass jar — like this one
- If your coconut oil is not liquid (it is solid below 74*F), then warm up in a small saucepan over low heat until liquid
- Pour into small glass jar and add lavender essential oil
- Mix with a spoon until well combined
- Store in a dark place, like in your medicine cabinet in your bathroom (that’s where mine lives)
- Using a moist washcloth (or cut up t-shirt squares, see below for instructions on this), wrap the cloth around your index finger
- Dip your cloth-covered finger into the oil, don’t get too much oil or you will flood your eye
- Working from the inner eye out, gently rub your eye make up off
- That’s it!
Bonus: coconut oil is also moisturizing so it won’t dry out the delicate skin around your eyes!
T-shirt squares how-to:
- Cut up an old t-shirt that you had planned to throw away anyway, or you could always cut up one of those old annoying t-shirts that your husband wore in college and still thinks is hysterical like THIS ONE
- I cut mine into about 4″ squares and store in a glass jar under the sink
- Moisten the cloth squares and use one for each eye
- Wash and reuse!
Are you ready to jump in to this wonderful world of caring for yourself and your family naturally with essential oils?? The time is now! Click HERE to learn more!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post