Want to know why I decided to freeze herbs this year, well I let my 4 year old help plant the garden and she insisted on sprinkling 4 packets of basil seed on one 1/4 of the garden. Needless to say….I have a TON of basil. I love to make pesto, but do not like forking over the cash for the pine nuts. So, this year I decided to freeze my basil in olive oil so it’s ready to use with meal prep in the winter months! Now you can learn how to freeze herbs too!
- Fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil (where to find)
- In a food processor, blend basil and olive oil
- Keep adding olive oil until you get a thin paste
- Scoop into ice cube trays (this one works amazingly well!)
- Freeze herbs and oil
- Best stored in a freezer bag, lasts indefinitely in the freezer
Do you freeze herbs? If so, whats your method? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
If you enjoyed this recipe, please +1 and share belowDisclaimer