Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) essential oil is popularly used as an insect deterrent. Traditionally it has also been used to prevent food spoilage due to fungus and bacteria. So this is a GREAT oil to take along camping!
What you need:
- Citronella essential oil — where to find
- A diffuser necklace — where to find
- You can also make your own necklace using this how-to
Add a few drops of citronella essential oil to your necklace and wear it around your neck. The warmth of your body will give off the scent! Add more as needed. You can also apply a few drops to clay discs and set them near your chair, I have used my homemade clay pendants for this purpose!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+