I love everything Christmas, I mean I have got it BAD! When the stores start selling it every season, I get giddy. But, I am not so excited about all of the additives and processed junk that is in those pretty green and red cartons! We get raw milk from a local farm and it has the most amazing thick cream on top. I just had to make it into eggnog! But, I like it thick…like drinking batter thick! So I decided to make this stuff really rich. You can always substitute milk for cream in this recipe if you don’t like it quite so creamy. Cheers!
- 2 cups raw milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 cups raw cream (or coconut cream)
- 8 pastured egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup, or coconut sugar) — here is the honey we use
- 2 Tbsp vanilla — here is the vanilla we use
- 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling on top — I use this grater and a fresh nutmeg nut
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high until well combined and nice and creamy
- Top with fresh grated nutmeg….and if you like, spike it with rum!
We drink ours out of these cute little moose mugs because National Lampoons Christmas Vacation just might be my FAVORITE movie of all time!!!
Get your moose glasses here and drink your eggnog with style!
Just in case you have no idea what I’m referring to, watch this….
[embedplusvideo height="300" width="600" editlink="http://bit.ly/17DVtdw" standard="http://www.youtube.com/v/fKncYRJQRC8?fs=1&hd=1" vars="ytid=fKncYRJQRC8&width=600&height=300&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=" id="ep6433" /]Disclaimer