I love fun cocktails in the summer months and I especially love it when you can make them from flowers and berries! This simple syrup is so amazing in both it’s color and it’s flavor. Use a dash Blueberry Lavender Simple Syrup of to fancy up any cocktail, or water that you are enjoying on a hot summer day!
Blueberry Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut sugar — where to find
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried food-grade lavender buds, or you can use Lavender Essential Oil — where to find essential oils
- Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar
- Reduce heat to a low simmer
- Add dried lavender and keep on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer, pressing the blueberries to get all of their juice. This makes the syrup a beautiful purple color
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge, it will last for a few months if kept refrigerated!
To make a cocktail using this syrup:
- Dip the rim of the glass in coconut sugar
- Add to glass: ice, vodka, lime juice, sparkling water, and lavender simple syrup to your taste preference
- Garnish with blueberries, or lavender sprigs
- Enjoy in moderation!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post